Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And now, from the bird flu anticipation division

Avian influenza .. Out of control

CAIRO, 13 January 2008 (IRIN) - Fifteen new suspected cases of the deadly H5N1 strain of the avian flu virus were reported last week in five governorates in Egypt as government measures to strengthen national pandemic preparedness provoked mixed reactions in Cairo's streets.

Jakarta actually has a hospital in which they have staff manning the Bird Flu Anticipation Division?

In response, the government’s Supreme National Committee for Combating Bird Flu met last week to discuss the current outbreak and to implement measures to combat the spread of bird flu.

"Supreme National Committee for Combating Bird Flu"? I'm glad it wasn't just the Moderately Significant Sub-Committee for Dealing with That Bird Sickness Thing.

I don't know why I'm worried about bird flu. I just am. Now I'm also worried about the penchant for over-naming the response teams.

No comments: