Sunday, October 26, 2008

Of billy goat horns and George Clooney

I subbed in a second grade classroom and there were a couple of talkers in there. One was a good natured boy who was big, round faced, kind of galumphing along. his talk was just chatter and not harmful.

The gal will be a litigator. Probably personal injury. She would talk, argue, "help me", explain, advocate in all the missing crayon arguments and stop the class to find the missing lunch money.

When the next door teacher asked me how it was going, and I mentioned the talkers, the teacher said, "Yes, they can talk the horns off a billy goat."

I had never heard that southern colloquialism but I like it.

And now: let's pause for a moment to review my list of favorite George Clooney movies. I watched Ocean's Eleven again last night and boy, that's a good movie. I love caper movies, especially non-violent ones. So Ocean's Eleven is definitely in the Clooney hit list. And just how did Clooney get so handsome? It should be criminal to look that good.

Ocean's Eleven
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Good Night, and Good Luck
Intolerable Cruelty
Michael Clayton
The Perfect Storm

Very good movies. Quite a resume. Though I give the edge to Ocean's Eleven over O Brother and the rest simply because of his suaveness in the double breasted suits and tuxedos, against the backdrop of The Bellagio, which are way more eye-appealing than the prison garb and stained white tee shirts and yellow rain slickers.

No comments: