Sunday, July 21, 2013

Kale chips are so good!

With my fabulous Bountiful Baskets I'd picked up on Saturday (more here), I made a lot of things.

Kale chips. Very good! All you do is remove the hard stem, toss them in oil and salt and lay on a baking dish and bake at 275. They are terrific, having a great crunch and totally healthy.

I roasted cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and onions. I absolutely love to have dishes of roasted veggies around. I can mix them with rice, quinoa, or pasta as desired. Or heat them and plot a fried egg atop with some cheddar cheese.

I baked a dozen blueberry muffins with the blueberries I got in thebasket and cranberry muffins with some craisins I had.

I still have half a cauliflower head left and an entire head of cabbage.

Someone gave me a bag of green tomatoes today and I'll use the cantaloupe to make a green tomato gazpacho with it tomorrow.

Some of the cabbage will be made into an Asian slaw and I'll roast or grill the rest.

So that's the roundup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter just yesterday informed me that Kale chips are yummy after showing me her recipe. Having read your account this morning, I'm going to have to try them!

Elizabeth Prata said...

good for her! Yes, definitely try them. I never quite knew what to do with kale, and I always just put it in soup. I live in GA and it's July and I don't need soup when it's this hot! The kale chips are perfect- and more to the point, easy to make. Let me know what you think, if you make them.

Anonymous said...

We made kale chips this afternoon, and between me, my daughter, and her husband, we ate them 'all gone'. For my husband, spinach is pushing it in the green veggie department(lol), so he did not partake of the crispy green goodness. However, our little dachshund tried one, and then literally whined for more. Over all, it was a success.

Elizabeth Prata said...

Yay! I am so glad you tried them, and thanks for the update. I'm glad to know there is another kale chips lover out there :)