Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm in a new demographic, now!

So the new year is coming and I take stock of the last year. It goes by soooo fast. Faster and faster as you age. There is a mathematical reason for this but I forget its complexities so I'll just say that "time goes fast." Not an original thought, I know. It's even in the bible, with James saying, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14)

I noticed something this week. The television shows I prefer to watch all seem to target a demographic that needs corn remover pads, walk in showers, and nursing home insurance. Where did the Mountain Dew athletes go? Where did the busy mom needs Tide laundry ads go? I get the Clapper and Medicare.

Actually, I noticed something else. I have developed a corn. I had to look up what it was on my toe, but sure enough, it's a corn. So the next time the corn removal pad commercial came on, I listened. I don't need to buy a new tennis racket, I don't need an iPhone with killer apps, I now need Dr. Scholl's medicated pads for actual corns on my feet.

Oh, incidentally, I turned 50 this month. LOL!

I snapped some photos of the snow and icicles on this bright, bright sunny day:


Happy New Year! Love well, trust the Lord, and live large because life goes fast! 2011 here we come!

No comments: