Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring has sprung

I realized that I haven't taken photos lately. I was out in Royston and the air had been freshened by a thunderstorm the day before, and it was cool and pretty and breezy. Royston is a cute town and the air is just so clear with budding leaves...and I had not taken my camera! With gas prices like they are, I've left off driving for no reason, and that includes driving on Saturdays to pretty areas to explore walking and photo-ing.

But I am renewed with fervor for capturing our gorgeous slice of life! Forget the North Pacific Gyre! Never mind about space junk! Suppress the knowledge that we are crapping up our planet! It's still nice...HERE.


The landlord's doggie, Grace. A big, gangly thing that's sweet as pie, but in her youthful enthusiasm, when you get out of your car, she jumps on your white pants.


Orange flowers framed by spring greenery at the neighborhood cemetery.


Horses irritated, kick the tub!


Blue bell flowers means it's spring!


Oops. I'm not so good about the keeping things alive deal. Probably a good thing I never had kids.


back pasture fence.



Flag at grave, the view from my deck.



Oops again!

1 comment:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I have a brown thumb too. :)
Love the way your camera captures such everyday things.
C