Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dogwood mania!

I didn't know that there were different colors of dogwoods. Well, we have had the pear blossoms pass, the forsythia is in force, and now the dogwoods are starting. Spring in Georgia is beautiful.

Here are two photos of our main street in Comer. Standing with the Post Office on my right shoulder, looking east, we see the Bank with a flowering Dogwood in front. Across the street from the Bank is the Phone Company, complete with old timey fonts, with another Dogwood. Notice the phone booths, obsolete and almost entirely gone from most urban and rural landscapes. I love Comer!



1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

I told my local best friend yesterday the Athens was beautiful this time of the year. Loving all of the blooms. Everything feels fresh and we have had rain to keep the pollen kind of washed out of the air.

Have a wonderful day..