Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't worry, bee happy

Sitting on my deck reading "The Case for Christ" on this glorious spring day, a resident bee thought that the deck was his territory. He tried his best to scare me off, hovering over my head, circling around from one side to the other, buzzing loudly and angrily dive bombing. Al the activity definitely did not scare me away, it just made me want to take photos.





































I just threw in this pic below because I like the chair, I like the plant pot (real terra cotta) and I like the plant. All were free. I like that best of all.

5 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

We have about a million of your bee's cousins hovering around our house too. My girls tell me they won't sting.
Great pics!

Christie said...

Great bee pics. What are your thoughts on that book? I read it when a friend got it for me a few Christmases ago. I took a lot o' notes.

Elizabeth Prata said...

I like it. It isn't scholarly but it makes some good points in laymen's easy to read terms. I did not know about the plethora of validating papers from the same time period as the New Testament Gospels, for example. I am already a believer but I wanted to see how the common questions about the proofs and validity of the Gospels were addressed so I could relate them to an unbeliever if called upon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, good shots of the bee.

I would even go so far as to say they are bee-utiful.

Chuck

Elizabeth Prata said...

thanks! I never did that bee-fore!

Photographing 6 year olds running around on the playground at sports events prepared me for sudden movements that might bee-gin without warning.