Friday, December 07, 2007

Conversation at Sunday School

I teach Bible study at Wednesday night church to 1st and 2nd graders. Opening the class, me N the kids always just chat.

Boy: When did Hanukkah start?
Me: What do you mean?
Boy: Like, in 1892, or in Jesus days, or before that? When?
Me: I dunno. But I will look it up and let you know next week.
Boy: Thank you. I do not have the internet at home and it is difficult for me to look these things up.

He is 7.

I love this kid!!

The Menorah as shown on the honorary arch of Titus. Cast in the Museo nazionale della civiltà romana, Rome. PS: The answer is 165 BC when the Jews rededicated the temple after Antiochus IV had desecrated it with pig blood and pork feasts, one day's worth of menorah oil lasted 8 days & the Jews recognized the miracle.

No comments: