Saturday, May 02, 2020

Happy weekend!

By Elizabeth Prata

I tossed Murray's bed from the table to the floor so I could wash the table. It landed right side up in front of the bookcase. Murray got all excited...'something new! A new spot! I can get into a new bed!' It looked like he thought Christmas had come. Eventually his excitement died down and he curled up in it right there!



The ivy is doing well, thankfully.



The hosta is doing well, too. I'm going to have to split it soon.



Seeing clearly now. LOL. Glasses on. Glasses off. Glasses on. As I age, reading gets harder as I try to find the sweet spot in my bifocals.



Dollar store bargain, $1. I wanted something bright to go on the farmer's table where some other decorative items were.



I mistakenly had coffee with a dairy whipped cream recently, and paid for it due to my lactose intolerance. I wasn't thinking, because I usually get a non-dairy whipped cream for my coffee, but I wasn't at Kroger, I was at the Dollar Store and I just thought "whipped cream" and grabbed it. Oops.

I'm trying Cool Whip in my coffee now, just to be safe, since there isn't an iota of lactose anywhere near it.


The people next door are mowing their lawn. I've always enjoyed the sound of a lawnmower. I don't know why. But I like it.

What sounds please you?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the drone of a mower too, off in the distance. The sound of babies and children laughing. Children singing, classical guitar, voices of loved ones, the sound of water, like a river bubbling along. Bird song and the sound of wind in the trees. That's all I can think of!

Grace to You said...

"What sounds please you?"

I too like the distant sound of lawnmowing...not so much when I'm the one doing the mowing. :) Speaking of grass, I saw this the other day written by a man comparing our lives to the grass that withers....sown, grown, blown, mown, gone!

Other sounds I like...vacuum cleaners, weedeaters and leaf blowers, again when someone else is using them...a quiet house at night...bird song breaking that quiet early in the morning...creek water rushing by...the tumbling of the clothes dryer...coffee being poured in a mug, soda being poured over crackling ice...my hammock creeking while the wind is blowing in the trees...a handful of believers singing worship songs a cappella heartily, if a bit off tune.

That was a fun exercise...thanks! :) Though reading it over, my life sounds kind of boring. :D

Elizabeth Prata said...

Anonymous, those are all lovely sounds! I agree about children laughing...I like that sound as well.

Grace to You...so many pleasing sounds in the world, thanks for sharing yours! Though even in the distance a leaf blower...I'm not sure that's my jam! Ooo, I hadn't thought of creek waters rushing by, that is so pleasing, too!!

Anonymous said...

So lovely to read the responses about the sounds! I like the sounds of our dog yawning, snoring and other sounds he sometimes makes in his sleep. The sounds of our boys singing, giggling and sleeping. The sound of swirling my paint brush around in water. I love bird sounds, the swallow sounds is among my favourits. The sound of wind blowing through the trees. Oh, and also the sound of a book I ordered falling on the doormat :)

Sylvia

Elizabeth Prata said...

Wow, the paintbrush one is something I'd never thought about before. Good one! As I write this my cat is sleeping a foot away from me, snoring and wheezing. I thought about the sound of his snoring and how cute it was, then read about your doggie. SO funny!