Friday, May 08, 2020

Haircut...FINALLY

By Elizabeth Prata

I finally got my hair cut! My last appointment was the day before the national emergency was declared. It had been 7 weeks since I'd gotten my hair cut and it was looking mighty ragged. But then I canceled it so as to comply with social distancing. And then the salons closed anyway. It has been an additional 7 weeks, and if I thought my hair was ragged after a mere 7 weeks, I didn't know ragged. It looks great now! It is such a relief to get it cut and looking good. Our hair goes a long way to making us feel either put together and clean, or raggy and unkempt.

The after shot:



I wasn't driving, I promise. I had stopped at the library on the off chance they were working and clearing out the return bins. I had a book to return. It wasn't open and the bin was shut up. Fines won't accrue, the note said. Okey dokey then.

I had only been "out" for half an hour. It felt too soon to go back home. But it was a work day and there were a few things I needed to do. I decided to take a little drive, 7 more miles up the road to the next town, before turning around to head home.

Here are some shots. It is a gray, drizzly, cool day. Cool today means about 55 degrees. With a rainy dampness, it feels colder. A nice day to do some things at home and then curl up when the work is done. With soup. Last night I'd made a soup of chicken, celery, corn, shrimp, Old Bay seasoning, broth, and some coconut milk. Yum.

But first, some pics:


A Carolina chickadee I think

The local nursing home






Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

I love your hair! It's a beautiful color.