Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Birdhouses

By Elizabeth Prata

I think birdhouses are neat.

There are/were a lot of them in my yard.

Most were here 14 years ago when I arrived as a renter. Some have gone by the wayside since then.

Below is my favorite view in the yard. The yard has various parts. There's the side where the fig trees are and the mockingbirds play. There's the other side yard with the azaleas and rhododendron and lilies. There's the near back yard with two sheds. There's the far back yard with this view of the pasture, hay, and birdhouse. It's a large birdhouse so it's always filled each spring with some sort of bird or other.


Below, if you look open in new tab larger you can see the baby inside with open mouth






I loved this birdhouse too but it is gone now.


This old birdhouse seems like a companion now. It is broken down but still hanging in there. When I look out over the lawn, its blue paint gives nice contrast to the green around.





The one with the chain still hangs from the magnolia tree. The other one is gone now. A bunch of wasps started making a huge nest in it, and I had to get rid of it.


These next ones are decorative bird houses, some are mine, some are neighbors that have come and gone, come and gone.






I hope you enjoyed this tour of my birdhouses. I enjoy my home inside, and out.





No comments: