Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Vacation update

I think my new favorite dinner is veggie tacos. I made them this week and I've been enjoying them for three nights straight. What I did was:

Opened and rinsed a ban of black beans
Opened and drained a can of Spanish Rice
Sauteed a green pepper.

I mixed the above and then added to my taco shell shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado. Voila, a healthy and filling dinner that costs cents on the dollar. (At my place the local store often has avocados on sale for 78 cents). If I run out of taco shells I can still make it into a salad and it is just as good.

I like that is takes mere moments to fix. When I get home in the afternoon I'm pretty tired of being on my feet all day. If I don't have to stand at the stove for a long time, I'm happy.

A friend gave me a bag of pecan halves. I'm happy about that too. I love nuts! You name the nut and I love it: cashews, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc. I like something crunchy at night to munch on and pecans are just the ticket.

I was so sad about the tornadoes in Dallas yesterday but what a happy thing that so far there are no fatalities!! In seeing that viral video of the tractor-trailers being flung into the air like matches I was sure that there would be deaths all over the place. That tornado was powerful. But like the weatherman said, this is early in the season, and we still have a ways to go. I pray that the tornado season is calmer than last year. We get tornadoes here in GA so it is a fervent prayer.

I am enjoying my vacation but I have had little motivation to do anything. I haven't vacuumed or done the laundry. I haven't even put out the pots and potted some flower seeds. The upside is that I am de-stressed and have been sleeping soundly at night, and have had no need for daytime naps. I am awake and alert, just lazy!

No comments: