Thursday, April 19, 2012

Long week!

I was listening to bluegrass hymns, and there was just a little too much banjo music for me right now. I need a soothing baritone and some traditional hymns, not a jaunty plinking that unsettles my nerves.

It has been a long week. We just finished administering the CRCT (Criterion Referenced Competency Test) to all the 3-5th graders and a mock test to the 2nd graders. It is an extremely intense test to take, and the kids feel every minute of it. It is a very difficult test to administer, and to proctor. The kids in turn feel pressure and when the pressure is released, as in the afternoon when the test is done, they let loose. It makes for a long week.

We had a very good study at church last night. We are going through Matthew, and we are up to Matthew 3. I love the chapter that shows John the Baptist, and I loved exploring the Nazirite vows, and his message of repentance. The people in our study will talk and share and contribute, which makes it interesting and collegial.

I've been glad that the initial heat of the spring season has gone away and we have coolish days (low 70s) and cold nights. It was too soon for the deep heat of upper 80s. We also received some blessed rain which we needed very much. My plants are growing well in the pots, and soon I hope there will be flowers. Meanwhile, the flowers are busting out in the yard. The tiger lilies have already gone by and the morning glories are poking up.

I'm going to settle down on the couch with a book, and the cats. I am finished with this evening's essay at The End Time and for me, 6 pm is an early evening. I am going to enjoy it. These old bones need a rest.

No comments: