Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Corner View: "Daily"

Jane at Spain Daily has a weekly theme upon which we all write from our corner of the world. It is called Corner View and this week's theme is "Daily." Please be sure to check out her entry and the links to all the others!

What do I need daily? What do I do daily? They are almost the same. I need protein in the morning, I'm a vegetarian and I eat little animal protein during the day but an egg is always a sure bet for a protein pick-me up.My current preference is for boiled egg atop hardened toast.

I'll cut off the top of the egg and use a spoon to scrape out the yolk and white onto a piece of uncut toast I've toasted hard. All the better to handle the soaking-in of the egg. An egg a day keeps the doctor away. Or apple. Something like that.

My next "Daily" is a shower. I need one every day or else. I've rarely, if ever, tested the universal laws of hygiene physics by failing to take one, but if I went a day without that soothing flow over my tense shoulders, I don't want to think about what might happen. Suns imploding. Galaxies spinning. Earth crumbling. Plus, I'd feel unclean all day.
I need a daily dose of God. Walking close to Him is important. His word never gets old and there is always a blessing if I read it. Prayer then reading His Word is a daily must.
I need a good night's sleep every day. Daily, quality rest or I am just not myself. I am a lot less sparkling if I get a lousy night's rest, and that is just a tragedy for all involved.

Daily. I am grateful that I do not have to attend an AA meeting daily. Nor take a daily drug. I don't have to do daily interference with a husband, child, or family member. I have enough to eat daily, and clean water to drink and wash with. I do not have a daily struggle to find safe shelter to sleep in. I am rich by world standards, and I'm very cognizant of that fact. And, life is good, every day.

No comments: