Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert dead at 58

He died with his boots on, completing and filing an interview and in the middle of doing voice-overs for Sunday's Meet The Press show. A massive heart attack, he could not be revived.

Psalm 39:4-6
"Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath.
~~Selah

The industry reaction to his sudden death, the snatching away of a well-respected colleague and peer in political circles and others, shows us once again that the LORD has a number to our days, and what we make of them is ours to choose. Will we be snide, negative, using our influence for personal means and selfish gain? Or will we be respectful to others, happy, productive, doing the best we can at our work and loving our family well and foremost, like Tim?

The eulogies are cascading like a waterfall, streaming in as a torrent from all quarters, from competitors, peers, colleagues, politicos, all indicating a high respect for the journalist. He died with his boots on.

No comments: