Monday, June 01, 2020

A leisurely jaunt OUT

By Elizabeth Prata

Guess what? Today was the first time since March 13 that I went somewhere without a purpose (church, grocery shopping, bank..) I wasn't a SWAT Team member, "Get in! Get Out! Go! Go! Go!" I went about leisurely...and I loved it. Here's the scene-

First I went to the UPS store at this morning to return an Amazon item, and was greeted by a long line of people from inside the store to outside, most wearing masks, waiting for social distancing requirements to allow them in. I was initially surprised, having not seen this before, but then I realized I haven't gone anywhere before. I was about to murmur complainingly to myself, but I changed that to reciting a mental gratitude list; it wasn't hot out, I had a nice ride into the city, the line was moving fast, etc.

Once that was done I decided to break in my State Park Pass I'd bought in Feb. Finally I get to use it! Not even last week - the 1st week of summer break - it rained every day! So I turned south at the intersection and headed for the Park. It's a pretty place. There's a waterfall, refreshingly casting off cool air and a nice sound. The Park is very shady, there are a variety of trails, lots of picnic tables, and you can splash in the river. A mom was splashing with her toddler as I sat under the shelter. Other families were setting up at various picnic tables. A guy with a fly fishing gear was making lures as his wife put on a backpack and hiking boots. All very nice. Here's my shots from my short visit. It was more recon than a lengthy visit. I needed to see what I'll need to bring the next time. It's only 5 miles from my house so it's not a huge deal to go there at any time.

Good Shoes
Hiking stick
Book
Camera
Water
Wear shorts or light clothing
Go to the bathroom before arriving!







I arrived home to find my Amazon purchase in the mailbox. A new tea ball! I am gravitating more toward not only teabags, but loose tea. I have some Moroccan Mint that I enjoy, but no teaball to enjoy it. I pour into my cup with a strainer over the cup, which works when I remember. The other day I poured and forgot to strain it, so I was swishing Moroccan Mint leaves from my teeth for the next hour, lol. This one was highly recommended, almost uniformly the highest stars. That's rare. I'm hoping it works as well as the reviewers say.



I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. It's going to start being hot here now, I think this was the last pleasantly cool day. Enjoy, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

The waterfall shot is lovely! You're blessed to have such beauty just 5 miles from your home!