Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Quarantine Day #31: Not much going on!

By Elizabeth Prata

I am praising God for His care of me and all of the believers. The sunshine outside is prefect and warm. The opportunities to learn more things via internet or book-study abounds. Bible reading and study time can be endless. Pleasure reading is possible. Cooking, doing crafts, communicating with friends in various ways, all good things. Quarantine days. I'll never forget you.

I went to the Dollar store today for laundry soap, and found a welcome mat (which I needed) for half price! (Also Easter candy half off...poor Sixlets get no respect- lots of them left. More for meeee!). Also a cute spring wreath for the front door. Time to change the decor,  the Easter plaque had to come down and I put the wreath up instead.




I saw Murray looking intently outside, and followed his eyes to a pair of blue jays hopping down into the wet mud and grabbing up some worms. Or, mud for their nests.




I took the photo through the door at sunrise so it's a little blurry.



Lunch: turkey sandwich and pickles. Also fruit salad.


Hope your day was good!



2 comments:

Grace to You said...

Is that the gluten-free bread you had to get because your first choice wasn't available? Looks good...how does it taste?

Elizabeth Prata said...

Yes, it is 4th on my list. It is brown rice bread, tastes sweet, and gummy. If I toast it, it tastes much better.

1. Kroger White or Kroger whole grain - 18 oz, $5
2. B Free any style, 14 oz, $6 (I have a $2 coupon)
3. Rudi's Multi-grain, 18 oz, $5.29
4. Ener-G brown rice, 16 oz, $5

I have tried to make a chart listing them by weight and price and taste. The tastiest is B Free but I just cannot spend $6 for a small 14 oz loaf. The website has a coupon you download and I do that, but since the bread is so tasty and Kroger only orders a few loaves at a time, it is rare that I can actually score one. They are always out. The Kroger GF bread is really the best value for the price, taste, and amount you get.