Monday, April 13, 2020

Day #30 of quarantine: I'm not crazy yet

By Elizabeth Prata

Day 30 here at Casa Prata dawned clear and warm and bright, after all that storm and tornado and wind last night. I spent some time outside getting my dose of Vitamin D and creation praise this early afternoon, reading, basking, and watching.

The mockingbird with a nest under the eaves and the brown thrasher with a nest inside the gutter were busy this morning. Here is the scene-

Blue skies ahead

Mockingbird guarding her nest under the awning

She noticed me taking a photo

Uneasy truce

My hens and chicks is getting leggy. I'll have to learn how to fix it

Brown thrasher bringing what looks to be an enormous
spider to her babies. Yes, go ahead and eat that thing!

Reading outside, with seltzer
Enjoy your day!

No comments: