Friday, April 17, 2020

Perfect weather

By Elizabeth Prata

If the weather got any nicer I'd be thinking I was in heaven! So perfect. Warm sun, bright blue skies with occasional puffy cloud, NO humidity, and mild temps in the low 70s. What could be better? Oh, maybe being allowed off the property. That would also be nice, but it's bound to happen sooner or later, so in the meantime I'll enjoy what graces the Lord sends.

After a nice breakfast of a few quinoa-egg bites, a pumpkin corn muffin and fruit salad of pineapple and blood orange, I spent some time outside reading and watching the birds. I don't remember a spring where the bird activity has been SOOO active, and I sure do love it. I saw a mockingbird scare away a huge crow to keep it away from her nest, a Carolina wren bring constant insects to her babies (who I could hear chirping inside the nest), and the cardinal pair flitting from tree to tree. Not to mention the ceaseless rooster next door who crows mightily at all hours. I love having an active and dynamic environment around me Here are some of the scenes.

One cloud feels lonely



Oh there comes his friend



The on-sale welcome mat I scored at the Dollar store the other day when I went to buy laundry soap-


This hosta is growing like crazy. Tomorrow I will split it.


This Carolina wren makes a huge noise of aggression and warning whenever she returns with her insect for the babies. She is territorial about her nest. Such a huge sound from such a small bird!



I caught a mockingbird that flew up from the mailbox post where he likes to perch, into the tree towering above. This yard has magnificent trees circling the yard, surely an attraction for these many birds.


I had a good time outside today. As I was reading, basking, and watching, the mailman came up the driveway to deliver a USPS priority package. Ah! My stamps I'd ordered. Time to write some letters.

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: