Sunday, March 01, 2020

Trying Almond Flour Pancakes

By Elizabeth Prata

I can't tolerate gluten, and that is a shame. But it's OK, nowadays there are plenty of substitutes. A dear friend gave me her almond flour and coconut flour. I thought, hm, I'll try my Sunday pancakes with almond flour, and found a recipe. Here is the process. BTW the egg is blue on top because of the leftover blueberry juice from the pancake that I'd cooked before I cracked the egg onto the griddle. :)







Recipe here: 5-Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes

Nutrition info: Nutrition
Servings: 3 servings (2 pancakes each)
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Calories: 334kcal
Fat: 27.9g
Saturated fat: 3.9g
Carbohydrates: 11.2g
Fiber: 5g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 14.4g


3 comments:

Grace to You said...

They look pretty, but you didn't say how they taste!

Grace to You said...

You still didn't say how they taste! :) Does this mean they weren't good?

Elizabeth Prata said...

:) Au contraire! I think they are the closest thing to real pancakes there could be. They look great and as far as taste goes, well, they ARE almonds, just ground up fine, so, a bit gritty. I can't smell and my sense of taste is severely limited since the two senses are tied together. So I think they taste fine ... but I am no baromoeter for how things taste. I liked them and will make more tomorrow. Sunday is for pancakes. :)