Monday, March 30, 2020

Scenes from Quarantine Walk

By Elizabeth Prata


I went for my walk this morning, a bit later than usual but still wonderful. It was a gorgeous morning, with a fresh air and a sunny sky and lots of birds singing. I came back in and had a bunch of pollen on my clothes and a spider on my neck. Oh, Georgia Spring, you're like the woman in Billy Joel's song She's Always a Woman to Me:

She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool

Here are scenes from this morning's walk





New dog in the neighborhood checking me out

green

new growth out of nowhere

outstanding in his field


*Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone


lonely school playground. no kids...

*Lyrics to Don Henley's The Boys of Summer

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

The bird pic is fantastic! The birdsong has seemed especially sweet this spring.