Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Morning walk

By Elizabeth Prata

My normal wont is to stay seated. I write, read, and study most of the time that I'm not actively working at school. But too much sitting is of course not good.

The road I live on is a one way and little traveled. It takes 10 minutes to walk down to the end and back. There's a bit of a hill in the middle so it's good exercise. I understand that three 10-minute walks per day equals one 30 minute session for cardio, so when the weather is fine, I do that. It's important to take breaks at intervals.

It rained hard last night and it's been raining a LOT here lately. We had the 4th wettest February ever and Dec-Jan-Feb we had 22 inches of rain. So when the weather is THIS GOOD, and it is good this morning, I get out for a little while.


Here are some photos from my morning walk. It was 60 degrees, sunny, with morning dew and rain drops not evaporated yet. The birds were happy and singing.


Pergola with buds and drops

Christmas cactus soaking up morning rain drops 
Lilies


Mrs Robin, are you building your nest?

Random chicken finding bugs in next door pasture!

American Flag in the breeze

Greenery galore!

Enjoy the day, wherever you are! There's going to be something good in it, even if it's just one thing! But likely if you look, there will be many more good and pleasant things to experience.

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

Love the rooster pic! I'd love to live where there are random chickens walking about. :)