Saturday, November 09, 2019

Saturday Update

By Elizabeth Prata

So far today on this sunny, crisp Fall Saturday, I've written a blog essay, answered email and comments online, did 2 loads of laundry, did the dishes, listened to Francis Schaeffer's "How Then Should We Live" video part 1, listened to Ligonier Q&A with Nathan Bingham and John MacArthur, re-potted my succulents and refreshed the patio area, cut up a papaya and nectarines for the week, had a nap, and I'm about to read the Bible and journal and study for the afternoon. Here is the scene outside-








3 comments:

Grace to You said...

Will your succulents stay outside in the cold weather? Do they do well with that?

Also, didn't you bring that metal plant hanger inside for books a while back?

Elizabeth Prata said...

We get a freeze only a couple times per year and only for a few hours. Once the sun is up, it warms quickly. Since they are so close to the house they do OK. If not, then I'll get more. There isn't anywhere to put them inside. Also, the cat eats them. I could put them in the garage if there's going to be extended cold.

I tried the metal stand inside but it wasn't strong enough and looked too busy. I put it back outside. :)

Grace to You said...

That's interesting, that succulents do okay with colder weather. I always thought of them as hot-weather plants, since they are indigenous to the desert...although, come to think of it, it does get cold in the desert at night.

Are you impressed that I remembered that plant stand? I am. :D