Saturday, November 02, 2019

Happy Saturday!

By Elizabeth Prata

It finally got cold. Overnight temps were in the upper 30s and highs only got to 65. Yay. It was the first day I bundled up in leggings, oversize sweatshirt, socks and threw another blanket on my bed. Winter's here.

I've been on Fall Break from school. I got home Wednesday night after grocery shopping, and closed the door, and here I stayed. Sadly, I woke up last night with a temperature and aches with stomach issues. How can that be? I have not talked with or interacted with anyone since 5:00pm Wednesday, and it's Saturday morning now. Sigh. I'd planned to bundle up and go out and do some errands in the crisp day. But I guess not! I just hope the fever breaks early enough so I can attend church and small group tomorrow.

Being at home, I am using some of the gizmos I've bought over the years. I try not to succumb to impulse buying. I buy what I need and what I think I'll use.  Sometimes I'm wrong, and I don't end up using some of the things I buy as much as I thought I would. Thankfully, those missteps are few. Here are some things I have bought recently that I use every day, and that I LOVE! These two items truly do make life easier for me.

When I got the book Biblical Doctrine, the systematic theology book by John McArthur & Richard Mayhue, it weighed 4 and a half pounds and is over 1000 pages. Heavy to hold up. It is 2.3 inches thick, and it was hard to peer over its thickness to read the top of the page. So I bought this upright book holder from Amazon. The description of the book holder said 'holds law books' which are typically thick and heavy. So, I bought it and it holds both my thick Biblical Doctrine book, also my study Bible, a huge tome in itself, as well as slim little paperbacks like this one. It allows me to be hands free, also, to sip tea or make notes in my journal.

You can adjust the height of the holder to various levels. It folds up flat, is light but well-made, and I store it under the table where I study. I LOVE this gizmo:

blog gizmo

I love tea. During the cold seasons when I get home from school I can't make a pot of tea fast enough. Fortunately, this electric kettle boils a large volume of water fast and it comes out hot. It re-boils it fast too, if I want a refill. It keeps it warm for a while, too, and has an automatic shut off. I've used this gizmo almost every day and I love it. It has not failed me yet. It was not expensive, either.

blog kettle

Ginger turmeric tea, coming up:

blog tea

I tell you truly that my cat has a lot of places he is allowed to lounge. He can go anywhere and everywhere in the apartment except the kitchen counter and the couch. He can go on the bed, chairs, even my table where I read and study. But he chooses this? He loves the little places.

blog murray

Cats are funny!

No comments: