Thursday, June 28, 2018

Bert and Murray



My Murray the kitty is so cute. He has so much personality. People who don't like cats think cats are boring with no charm, but this is far from the reality. Every cat I've had has been different with their own unique and identifiable personalities.

Murray likes to be active at night, as most cats do. If it's cool enough out, I open the windows before bed. After the windows have been down all day with the AC on, Murray finds an open window joyful. All night as I sleep, he races around from window to window to observe all the night life outside. He smells the smells. He watches the fireflies. No matter that my bed might be between two windows, he just leaps and skitters right over me. Plonk! Leapfrogs right on my stomach. Oomph, right over my head. I sleep with a pillow on my stomach to minimize the oomph-factor. Let him smell the great outdoors all night. It's OK.

When I awake he follows me into the bathroom, he knows this is where I keep his food. He looks at me with big eyes as I open the container and measure out his portion. Bert's too. Dry food only. Then he rushes over to his bowl and sits down, waiting for me to shake out Bert's in his bowl and then do his. Chomp chomp he eats with gusto.

After that he enjoys laying on the table where I type and read. A small kitty bed is ready for him there and he lays down in it and looks at me with his eyes wide again. Soon enough he is drowsy and snoozes. After a while he jumps down and heads to the bedroom.

Murray likes to lay under the covers of the bed. He uses his patented head butt to get his head under the fringe and the layers of bedding, then scoots up under. A big lump moves under he covers like you see in the cartoons, as he makes his way to the far corner and curls up next to the pillow. Strangely, he won't go on the bed when it's unmade. Not any part of it. He sleeps in the leather chair if the bed isn't made.

Always, immediately when I make the bed, he will climb up in there and nestle down He loves the bed (when it's made) so much that sometimes I feel bad for not making it sooner.

Bert just sleeps in the kitty bed that is on the floor. He does not like to be high up but he does like to be close to me. If I move his kitty bed from near the coffee table to the kitchen table by my feet, he will always follow it and sleep as close to my feet as he can.

Cats are funny in their preferences.




1 comment:

Grace to You said...

I've always thought that to be liked (or loved - who can tell?) by a cat is a great compliment.