Friday, September 13, 2013

My friend, Orion

Things are getting busier and busier at work. We've lost positions and since the same amount of things need to get done, it is left to the remaining workers to do them. Pile on and pile on until the load is pretty heavy. And busy! I like to think I am doing a good job but I'm not so sure anymore...I'm so busy I just feel like I'm running on a Jetsons treadmill.

And then there are a lot of furlough days. I don't understand what they are, except that I make $900 less than before. I am going backwards in salary, and food and utility costs are going up. Sigh.

My car has developed a funny list to port, the alignment obviously and suddenly got out of whack. There is also a wobble from the right front tire. It may be related tot he alignment. My car has so many things wrong with it I should just put a sign on the front windshield, "Abandon all hope ye who enter here."

I cam home very tired yesterday and I went to bed at 8:30. It was a restless sleep. At 12:30am I awoke to hear men talking nearby. Like on the property nearby. I fell back asleep. Then at 3:30am a dog barking woke me up again. and he kept barking all the rest of the night. I like night sounds, and I keep my windows open on purpose so I can hear them. Donkeys braying, errant roosters cock-a-doodle-doing, the occasional bird, rustle of leaves- all great Not barking dogs!!

I woke up at 5:00am irritated. Grumbling I went into the kitchen to start the coffee. I looked out my window because I saw a glow. I looked up. It was the stars.

Bright, glowing, jewels on a dark sky, so bright. Orion was heeling to starboard, tipping into infinity. I stopped immediately, and just stared in awe at the gorgeous artwork in the sky. Orion moves across the sky depending on season. He'll get higher as winter comes on.
Wikipedia photo

What a beautiful, beautiful world. My irritations vanished and seeing the stars so pretty helped me regain my balance. Life is good.

No comments: