Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Corner View: Evening

Jane at Spain Daily has a themed weekly blog entry going, called Corner View. It's the view from our little corner of the world. This week's theme was "evening.," Here's mine, and be sure to check out Jane's other participants' Corner Views, listed at her blog, linked above.


My tiger cat Bert is literally evening and also emblematic of evening. After a long day at school, I come home at 3pm to my second shift, writing. I run an e-mail free subscription prophecy newsletter, and I also run an end time blog. That, and the occasional newspaper column plus this blog's writings, keep me busy all evening. I write at my kitchen table on my laptop, and Bert and my other cat Luke doze on the couch. But around 7 pm I call it quits and curl up on the couch with them. By this time of the evening I'm in my comfy clothes, usually sweats and a loose cotton shirt, with the afghan tucked around my knees. The remote is handy, so I don't have to get up. See, that is what it's all about in the evening, how long can I go without having to get up? I have my tea and my bible, which I read a bit before turning on the tv.

So, relaxed kitties, gentle reading, some innocuous tv, and a couch. That's my evening.

No comments: