Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ode to fences


I discovered that one of the unintended consequences of changing templates is that you might choose one that does not support Pictobrowser slide shows. I made this discovery after having worked for an hour to prepare a slide show entitled "Ode to Fences." I am into fences lately. I love boundary demarcations, whether land and sea, air and space, or plot of land to plot of land. Edges of things fascinate me. So while reviewing my pictures, I noticed that I have a lot of fences in them. I realized that I had unwittingly included that type of demarcation in my visual stash. However, after putting twenty pictures into a show and ready to upload using the wonderful Pictobrowser, that my template won't accept it. Petulant and perplexed, I pecked away at this problem for the last few days, hence the lack of posts. I am still obstructed by this problem, but I decided to just put up a picture and worry about the slide show later. So here you go: Ode to Fences. One by aggravating one.


Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village Store in New Gloucester Maine is a Shaker community having the last Shakers still living on it. There is a hugely popular store featuring authentic Shaker items, including the last of the actual shaker boxes. This is the edge of the antique and original store building, with its white fence meandering off into the meadow.

No comments: