Saturday, September 15, 2018

Learning all the time

I like pictures of birds. Here is a random pic of a bird for you.


I stayed home from school on Friday, battling a stomach bug. It wasn't heavy duty, but enough to put me out of commission for a day. When I arrived home on Thursday apparently I had a low-grade fever. Feverish means no-go.

I was alert and energetic on Friday even though my stomach hurt like the dickens, so I got a lot done. My productivity is continuing through to this evening on Saturday. I finished Ligonier's Pilgrim's Progress course and signed up for part 2. Did you know that Ligonier COnnect courses accumulate continuing education credits from the Association of Christian Schools International? The courses are not extremely demanding, you can go at your own pace, and the cost is very reasonable. The classes through the Institute for Church Leadership at The Master's Seminary are also reasonable for the quality of education you receive.

I wrote two demanding and complicated blogs for The End Time. I continued in my Bible reading in John 1, and also the JMac Commentary for John 1.

I printed out all my downloaded free .pdf booklets I'd gotten from the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, and punched holes and installed them in a 3-ring binder. It's apparent to me that I do not or will not read on a screen, so I bit the bullet and printed them all out in hard copy. It feels good to organize.

I cleared out my email bins, and made all new headers for my 2 blogs, Twitter, and 2 Facebook pages.

Food prep is done for the week, a day early. Hey, I have learned to capitalize on energy when it comes, because it goes, too. I might not have the oomph to do it on Sunday. I made this week for lunches and dinners:

Red lentil-vegetable soup
Poached salmon
Boiled cauliflower
Boiled Quinoa
Black bean & green pepper salad
Granola

None of the dishes I made had any dressing or sauces on them. I'm not wanting to take any chances after the few days I've had with a stomach bug. I like red lentils because unlike brown lentils, they have no aftertaste, and they easily cook into mush, so the soup is thick and has necessary fiber, but it's easier to digest.

I made a collage of all my teapots. Someone at school asked about them so this was my reply:


I love them and I use them. I don't enjoy collecting anything for collecting's sake. I like it better when the things I collect are functional. As for which teapot to use, when I arrive home I decide how much tea I want to drink, (My pots go from personal 1-cup to 16-cup). I decide what kind of mood I'm in and relate that to the teapot. That one I can't explain, it's just mood and emotion. I've got 3 Japanese, 2 US and 2 English pots. They range in age from nearly 100 years old (the Hall's) to one I bought on Amazon last year (Tetsubin).

It looks like we will not receive too many effects from Hurricane Florence that is currently ravaging and drenching North and South Carolina. It will be rainy on Sunday but we are predicted to receive only about 2 inches, which we need, so that's good.

Here are 2 more pics I like:

Old cameras are beautiful machines


Bird sings at sunset



Enjoy your Sunday, everyone :)

No comments: