Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sticks and stones...

Today has been a quiet day. For the first time, I didn't go anywhere. Yesterday I attended a wake with friends for other friends whose father had passed away. Sunday of course was church. Saturday I picked up my Bountiful Basket. Friday I needed to make a run to the store to get printer paper and a few other necessities. And so on.

Today was nice. It was supposed to the the hottest day in a while and it felt like it, the AC struggling to keep up. I just closed the windows and doors and the front door curtain and I read and wrote and researched and listened to sermons all day. A nap figured in there, too.

I cooked my kale I'd gotten at the BB pick-up Saturday. I made the famous and beloved kale chips. Simply tear the hard stems off, toss leaves in olive oil and salt, lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and bake at 300 until delectably crisp. I defy you to stop eating them all.

I did, I ate them all. Oh my goodness, they were sooo good.

I changed my vignette next to the front door today. I've had cut flowers in it, I've had rocks with wildflowers in it, I've had just wildflowers in it, and now that the landlord has mowed and there are no wildflowers to pick, I put sticks in it and laid the rocks around.



This evening I'll continue reading my Charles Spurgeon biography and maybe watch a PBS show called History Detectives. Life is good!

No comments: