Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Two and a Half Days

That's how long until the children are finished with this 2013-2014 school year. That's how long until I'm essentially done with the school year. I have a few days after the Memorial Day holiday of boxing up and cleaning up, but no kids will be in the building. By next Friday noon, I'll be sprung for the summer.

I'm looking forward once again to a long summer break of reading, writing, eating fruit and vegetables from Bountiful Baskets.

I'll nap, watch movies, visit.

I write a lot at my other blog. As a para-professional (fancy name for teacher's aide) in an elementary school, my salary is a 9-month salary but it's spread out over 12 months, So I will receive a paycheck through the summer (for work I already completed in the school year). It is a pittance, a paltry amount, but it's my pittance and I love it.

What this means to me, someone who is essentially a writer, is that I am paid while I stay at home and write! This makes me very happy. I will also read a lot and this also makes me happy. I've got Hulu, Snagfilms, Crackle, and Youtube to watch movies and documentaries at night and I enjoy that a lot.

It won't be a busy summer but it will be an enjoyable one. In two and a half days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy, too, because I will benefit from what you write! Both of your blogs are enjoyable and thought-provoking in different ways.

Melissa S.

Elizabeth Prata said...

thanks Melissa! I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to a relaxing summer of reading, writing, and napping. A bookish person's dream.