Thursday, November 11, 2010

Men and women

Men are competitive. Women are relational. We always have heard that. We read books like 'Men are from mars, women are from Venus'. We look at our husbands (or our wives) and shake our heads.

Well, I got to laughing so hard Friday night when I watched the cooking show "Chopped." On that show, 4 contestants compete in three rounds of cooking (appetizer, entree, dessert) and successively a contestant gets chopped until one is left who wins $10,000. Last week there were two chefs from Philadelphia. In the introduction phase of the show, the female chef from Philly said "I know him. I've known him for about 6 years. He works half a block from my restaurant." The male chef said, "Between us two chefs from Philly, I want to be known as the best. I want to win. I'll beat her."

See? Relational, and competitive. LOL!

No comments: