Sunday, June 28, 2009

Intimate moment captured at an art gallery opening

I worked for the Athens Banner Herald for a year or so as a features writer and photog rapher and as such, went around finding people moments. This was captured at an art gallery opening reception. The gallery has a large, wrap-around front porch and as this musician was taking a break, he and this little tyke had a sweet conversation.

I love the red. As well as the musician's hair, and the expression of intensity on the little boy's face. Click on the photo to see it bigger.

I'll be posting more photos on this blog, I spent some time re-visiting some of my favorites from my work with the newspaper and set those aside to blog about. In looking through all my pics, I decided that as much as I enjoy landscape and nature pictures, I favor taking people pics at events like fairs, parades, art openings, parks, etc, even more. I think there is greater challenge in it, and sweeter satisfaction.

Have a great day all!

2 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I love this picture. That little boy is adorable.

Elizabeth Prata said...

thanks! It was a quilt show at Lowery Gallery in Danielsville a couple of years ago