Saturday, November 03, 2007

Do you believe in angels?

I do. I believe I have a guardian angel who is around me. I can feel him sometimes. His name is Aniel.

So the Gallery is hosting an "Angelic" Exhibition beginning in late November and running through Christmas. I have a few pieces that might be considered ready, there's one that Tina really likes. It's below. The deadline is quickly approaching and I have to get the photo developed, matted and framed... But I do love the idea of a whole exhibition dedicated to God's messengers!

This is from my deck. Evolution of a potential entry:


I cropped it to focus on the angel & scripture, and away from the dead leaves and negative space:

Next, fool around in Photoshop to make it look otherworldly:


I snapped this one a couple of years ago at my apartment in Maine. My landlord had an angel holding a globe on her deck, so I took a photo of it.


When I developed the photo I noticed an entire world inside the globe, and in focusing on just the globe it looks like the angel is holding my world... and me. So then I extracted the extras away from the photo and left just the angel and globe. For the 'Angelic' show I am thinking of doing something with this, but I don't know yet.

No comments: