Saturday, February 09, 2019

What happened to Mount Spinach?

By Elizabeth Prata

Saturday! Saturday! I love getting home on Fridays, putting the car in the garage, closing the door, and getting inside the apartment. I change into comfy clothes, make tea, and settle down for 30 hours of alone time. Friday night and Saturday is the time I use to recover, rest, and replenish. I am not open for business.

I had wanted to do some crafting. Today I decided to make 19 corner origami bookmarks for the kids at school, for their Valentine's packet. We still give them a paper bag, they decorate, and then on the day they go around and put a Valentine or a sweet into each bag. They have fun opening the cards, and they really read each card, lol. "Look! It says "Be mine!" they giggle and laugh.

Here are the bookmarks I made. They are of card stock because I know they will take  beating right away, and likely get unfolded immediately too. So I made something a bit hardy to withstand fumbling fingers and passing them around. While I made them I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Its sad that in all my searching to find a "nice" TV show or movie to watch n an adult level, I could not. I finally went to the kids' section and tuned up the Wimpy Kid. Sometimes you just want an Up or a Princess Bride or a Big or Splash...hey wait a minute, I should look up movies starring Tom Hanks.

I made boy ones for the boys and girl ones for the girls.













Now I'm having some quiche with rice and spinach. I was so happy to buy the huge and I mean YUGE container of spinach because I love spinach and I want a lot of it. I dumped a large pile into the pan and enough to my heart's content, and thought, NOW I'll have a lot of spinach for my side dish!



Wait, wut?


I finished watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid. The movie was well done and seemed true to the book. However, never having read the book, I didn't know that the main character was a jerk. Wimpy is OK. Jerk is not.

I think Harriet the Spy (the book) is a better representation of kid-life.

I am going to cut up a fresh pineapple and have it for a snack, then settle in to finishing my book on Amy Carmichael. Have a good rest of the weekend!



No comments: