Thursday, July 05, 2018

Murray and his bed, plus my own likes and dislikes

I hope you all had a pleasant Independence Day holiday. Lots of people have the opportunity to take a day or two off around the holiday so maybe your days off are still going on!

I had some kind of stomach virus or more likely, food poisoning, sadly. I was down for the count from 1:30 on the holiday until now, and still not back 100%.

I mentioned the other day that my kitty Murray loves to sleep away the day under the bed covers. He loves something on his head, even my hand, which is cute. But his favorite is to sleep under the covers. He has a patented Murray head butt and gets his head under the sheet, leaps up, scrunches down like an army guy under the barbed wire, and makes his way toward the back upper corner where the pillow is.

Until I make the bed, he sleeps in the bedroom on the leather chair. The moment I come in, he gets excited and waits under the bed until I finish making it. Then he scoots in and goes under.

Today, it wasn't any later than usual but I guess Murray did not want to wait. He found a way to go up under the fitted sheet, lol. He really likes his bed.


Here are a few things you might not know about me:

I have a weakness for Office Products, pens, paper, paper clips, shiny desk things, more shiny things, and especially Post-its in all shapes and sizes but especially the transparent arrow ones.

I also love writing little tiny notes on little scraps of paper or Post-its. I have a tin box on my table where I put them after I scribble blog ideas or verses to look up further. The box got full so today I took out all the little papers and I'm going through them to cull and keep. In sifting through, I notice that I needs to be a little more specific. The note where I'd hastily scribbled "Go back and re-listen to the podcast at 10:43" isn't very helpful unless I put a name and a date to it, lol.



I do not like monograms.

I love taking photos of dilapidated barns and sheds. I think they're cool.

I am not too find of cities but I love taking photos of city-scapes. So it's a struggle because I'm never in a city but I'd love to walk around one in the cool October air taking lots of photos. Sipping a latte. With an artfully tied handmade knit scarf around my neck, lol. Look at this photo posted on Unsplash (a free-to-use photo repository). THIS is the kind of city photo I would LOVE to take! It's stunning.

http://unsplash.com/danesduet10 

Meanwhile back in my rural town in tiny apartment, I guess tomorrow I'll make sure to make the bed earlier than ever, for Murray.



2 comments:

Grace to You said...

Sorry you haven't been well! Stomach viruses/food poisoning are the worst. Except for the flu - that's REALLY the worst. :) Can you imagine that we will spend an eternity with neither??!

Elizabeth Prata said...

Thank you Grace To You. I knew better. Though I can't smell, the marked down shrimp looked sketchy. Usually the marked down fish is fresh looking, and I don't worry. This time for the first time, the shrimps looked a little beleaguered. I bought them anyway thinking if I cook them immediately upon getting home... but apparently to no avail. Lesson learned!!!

I made a foray out to the Dollar Store to get cat food (had to- I'm completely out) and though I'm weaker than I though I'd be, I feel pretty good. I'm going to make some oatmeal and rest for the remainder of the day- reading!