Sunday, July 10, 2016

Mixed Media Morsels

I found a mixed media tutorial on Facebook that I really like. It's called Morsels because she shows how to do techniques in small format, a "morsel" as it were. I can handle small. A regular sized journal page or a canvas scares me. As you can see by my 81/2 X 11 journal which has a painting that only uses half the page.



So morsels is good. The lady put up an 18 minute video which I watched last night and tried the technique this morning. I'll leave it to you as to whether my attempt was successful.





Her collage was on a 3X5 card.


My collage was on a 4 1/2 X 6.


I was sad to discover that I'd brought my colored pencils to school, and I have no crayons or colored markers here either. So I used paint for the stems and cut out green paper and glued them onto the stems for leaves. I don't have sequins or buttons for the flower center. I used watercolor paint to make a background for the paper, but next time I'll use watered down acrylic so it comes in thicker and hides the words more, and I'll use two colors like she did.

Live and learn!

3 comments:

Grace to You said...

Have you heard of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)? They would be right up your alley at 2.5" x 3.5". I have a whole boxful I have accumulated from trades and I love looking through them. I also love making them, as the design must be simple and I'm all about simple. :)

If you're interesting in actually trading, I'd be glad to trade with you, and you can find trades online also.

Elizabeth Prata said...

Thanks for the info on ATCs! I have heard of that. I like making them but not trading. I didn't learn to share in kindergarten.

Grace to You said...

LOL :D