Saturday, May 04, 2013

Soaking rain is nice...for a while

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain,...

AccuWeather says,

"Soaking rain will continue its slow journey across the South through Monday, ruining outdoor plans and heightening concerns for flash flooding. The steadiest rain through tonight will remain centered on areas from Georgia to central Kentucky, neighboring Indiana and central Illinois."

All I know is, the lawn is now mushroom-town!

Large patches of mushrooms are springing up all over the lawn. Not only are they cute, but they look very tasty. I'll resist the urge to pop one in my mouth, of course. My homemade cream of mushroom soup with safe, store-bought mushrooms I'd cooked earlier will be more than enough to satisfy the fungal urge. But they are so cute, aren't they!


Even this chickadee stopped by to grouse about the rain

No comments: