Saturday, January 12, 2013

Warm January days

It's crazy warm this weekend. Our week started off cold like it should be in January. Each successive day has gotten progressively warmer until we ended up on Friday in the 70s. Yesterday driving home from school I rolled down the windows in the car. When I got home I turned off the heat and opened the windows. It was 73 degrees. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be even warmer, in the mid-70s.

I went for a walk just to enjoy the swooping birds and their songs and to hear the leaves and bushes shake in the warm breeze. Here are a few snapshots of the view--

This weed patch at the local farmer's yard had a nice spray of yellow tipped flowers:


The curve at the end of my road. The road passes a subdivision and then any obvious human habitation  pitters out to instead curve around gentle pastures and large tracts of farmland

A neighbor's windchime



No comments: