Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I'm going crackers

Happy New Year! 2013 should be the year of "I'm getting poorer and there's nothing I can do about it!" LOL.

I've mentioned before about the creep. The creeping decrease of portion sizes. Of box sizes. And the creeping increase of prices. A nickel here, a dime there. We're being nickeled and dimed to death! Death by a thousand paper cuts!

OK, anyway, I like faux-Ritz crackers. They are only $1.50 $1.60 a box. Oops, there's that dime again. And to boot, the box underwent a "re-design." Oops again, it went from 12 oz to 11 oz. It's smaller.

Grr. Like we don't notice. And blog about it. LOL!

But the sad truth is, we need food to eat. I already abstain from buying processed foods. I make all my soups and baked goods and casseroles from scratch ingredients. I buy on sale. I buy the reduced items. I skimp. I don't eat out and I bring my lunch to school. I've used every trick I can think of. But when stuff like this happens, consumers get a double whammy- a ten cent price increase plus a diminishment in size means the cost of items are even higher. We're paying more, for less.

Oh, well. I can cope. I really feel for families and people without work. I just hadda blow off steam.

No comments: