Thursday, March 08, 2012

Pretty busy day, hoping for auroras tonight

The days at school are getting busier. As teachers test for end of year, aa para-professionals get trained for the screening process of incoming kindergarten registrants, as Special Ed teachers finalize Individual Education Plans, we are all performing "extra" duties within the normal course of the school day. It gets busy, and as each day finishes I feel like I've been in a whirlwind. And for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it any less so. Therefore the day disgorges me at 3:30 with straight-up hair and stumbling toward the car.

The pear trees are blooming, and they are beautiful. The soft mornings are lovely and light. Though I understand that comes to an end this weekend as we turn the clocks ahead. Whose idea was it, anyway, to mess with time?

I hope the current coronal mass ejection that is now enveloping the earth will yield auroras this far south. Initially there was some hope because the CME was so large, but its impacts are less than previously thought. Hope for a colorful sky tonight is fading, but I'm still going to look up.

No comments: