Monday, March 12, 2012

In love with succulents

I live succulents. They appeal to me because of their hardiness, various shades of green, and because they can start small and can remain small. I had a beautiful patio garden at my apartment in Maine. It was on the second floor, and it was full of gorgeous cacti and succulents in pots. Here is one photo of the hens and chicks I'd had


I guess the new design trend is succulents. I'd blogged this week about the sweet succulents in an egg cup I discovered. I plan to make these. In looking at the design websites today I found this: a succulent orb:


And also on that same casasugar.com website there were these cuties:


And not to be outdone, there were these wall art succulents from Sunset Mag:

I love succulents! So what did I do?? Put a "Wanted" post on my Athens Freecycle group. Hopefully someone is getting rid of some and I will take them away! (Free).

2 comments:

Beth Stone said...

I love succulents too. Sadly, I'm having to leave all of mine behind with a friend since we're moving overseas, but I'm hoping to collect a few new ones once we get to Spain. Those orbs are really cool! May have to try something like that once we're settled in....

Elizabeth Prata said...

It's so sad to leave them behind! I had to leave my big ones when I moved from Maine to GA. Maybe the plants in Spain will be so different and you can have fun exploring those...