Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WIP

WIP: Works in progress. Collages in my art journal. I have a spiral bound journal on my coffee table, and next to my recliner is a basket of magazines. Painters doodle drawings ... I leaf through magazines looking for images that resonate, cut them out, and after a while I look at the pile and see if anything cohesive comes together. I try not to put a lot of thought into it, letting my right brain take over and my soul speak the art into existence.

Below: This one is mostly done, not a WIP. I tried to attain a gesso effect by using white medium to thin ivory acrylic paint. Didn't work. It's the "Long Black Train." Don't ride it. I have it on good authority it goes nowhere.


This was a Renaissance art piece representing Matthew 7:3, "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" I cut it apart and glued it on star tissue paper & included a celestial scene at the top and a raven outside the picture (that I didn't capture all of in my photo of this) and bordered it in copper tape. I learned last night that aluminum ventilation tape is also good to use. I'll see how much it costs at the hardware store today.

Prairie Chicken. The paper is crinkle brown handmade Indian paper, and I don't know where I am going with this except I like saying 'prairie chicken.'

Take me to the River: the river Jordan. The Lamb watches over all. Border is copper tape and paint is mixture of metallic and flat acrylic.

The most unfinished collage, pieces not even glued down yet. Something about tribulation in the last days, the time pieces counting down the time that's left...It's blue metallic acrylic paint and magazine pictures so far.

No comments: