Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas Break 2018: Day 2

By Elizabeth Prata

How wonderful it is to sleep through the night, and awaken refreshed! The common graces are surely praiseworthy.

Though it was supposed to be sunny today, and it still may turn out to be, it's currently rainy and windy and dark. We received a lot of rain yesterday and there are massive standing puddles and leaves blown around.






There is a controversy as to why the tips of the Hershey's Kisses are missing. I hadn't noticed, I unwrap them and eat them too fast to notice the niceties like a well-formed tip. I'm usually gunning for the chocolate explosion on my mouth. But this morning as I opened one for dessert after having cheesy tomato scrambled eggs and a pineapple sour cream muffin, I noticed it.



The minor malformation did not deter me in the least. Chocolate explosion coming up!

The afternoon was filled with a movie, Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris. It stars Angela Lansbury in 1993 movie set in 1953. A char-woman (Lansbury) sees a Christian Dior dress on a dress stand owned by  the Lady she works for. Her Ladyship was planning to wear it to Queen Elizabeth's Coronation Ball. The charwoman fell in love with it and determined to go to Paris and buy one. She scrimps and saves for three years goes to Paris, as the title says. Adventures ensue.

The movie would be G-rated, if it had a rating (I could not find one). It's warm and just plain nice. Lansbury is outstanding in it. It's a little known, forgotten film that is just a gem. It is on Youtube so it is free.

The day never did brighten, but only darkened and the wind increased. I've been sipping Earl Grey tea for most of the afternoon and not doing much of anything. Ahhh, vacation.



No comments: