Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekend brunch

This morning broke clear and cold, but surprisingly, it has warmed up considerably. I went outside to the garage to put in a load of washing and the sun is strong, and it turns out that the day has warmed up to the point that no coat is needed. I heard the birds this morning twirping brightly and I love that sound almost beyond any other.

My Saturday brunches are another thing I enjoy very much. This morning I made a fantastic scrambled egg sandwich on crusty French baguette. I put in tomato, green pepper and mushroom, and sprinkled with finely shredded cheddar cheese. A cantaloupe and banana smoothie topped with peanuts finished me off. It was yummy. Yesterday I'd made pasta fagiole and today the flavors will be blended wonderfully, so that will be linner (lol, lunch-dinner).

I'm all off schedule for eating. During the week I eat my first meal at 11:30, which is lunch. Then when I get home a little something at 4:00 then another little something at 7:30 or 8:00. Three meals, just at weird times. It remains the same during the weekend.

I managed my time well yesterday and today I have a head start on the domestic chores. It feels really good to wake up Saturday morning knowing I have 8-10 hours of writing to do in compiling the Prophecy Newsletter, but that my other tasks are already taken care of. I might actually get to relax this late afternoon and read instead of working straight thru like usual.

I started a new book. A colleague at school had put a big box on the table in the copy room with the alluring word "FREE" on the side. Many of the items inside were books. One was "Amazon Dream" by Roberta Allen. Published in 1993 it tells the tale of a woman (Allen) who traveled to Peru's Amazon alone, just because it had always been a dream of hers. She had been an inveterate traveler prior to her Amazon trip, so she wasn't a newbie. But still...I've been to the fringe of the Amazon with a husband, four locals and a guide and it was still a strange experience. Going it alone seems like a travel biography I'd want to read.

Well, the tea is ready and the newsletter is calling. I will get started with my weekend work. I hope you all have a nice day!

No comments: