Friday, February 13, 2009

My nice day

There was no school today. "Winter break." The first thing that happens on a weekday when I know for sure that I can't be called for substitute teaching, I sleep late. Ha ha! That means maybe 7 am. I was up and at 'em early and yay, when the sun rose enough it was sunny out! And warm! This calls for French toast!

Coffee and crispy French toast on my plate, I read my news online for about an hour. Then devotionals. With the sun firmly up, I decided to throw a couple of loads in and hang them in the warm sunshine to dry. When the first load was washed I brought it out to the line and when I was hanging them, a neighbor who was out in her yard (in shorts! 72 degrees! woo-hoo!) came over and we chatted. The fabled neighbor over the fence talk was actually happening, lol.

I did spend some time taking photos in the yard, nice ones of flowers and birds. I love the south. spring comes early. I'll put up a Pictobrowser slide show tomorrow.

I cleaned and read and cooked (salmon salad and then beans and rice for later). Nap time! I spent a bit of the afternoon on my pulled-apart bed, the sheets hanging in the sun as we speak. My cats piled on and I had a healthy nap. I have not been sleeping well at night, tossing, waking every few hours, and having bad dreams. The nap was a welcome respite and a time to catch up on sleep debt.

Evening was dinner of rice and black beans, reading my book, "The Wonder Spot," and tv. My baser viewing qualities are satisfied in "SuperNanny."

That is a bare summary, not a comprehensive listing, of course. I like my days off, rare as they are. The idea is, it's slower pace, I can do what I want on my own time. It's important to take time to read, dream, think, enjoy the small things.

For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice...Zechariah 4:10

No comments: