Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Yesterday was the kind of day I love

I am not a people person. I like people, but I get tired eaasily from sensory overstimulation and lengthy conversation. In addition, social graces and subtleties escape me. It's better if I just stay home.

Yesterday was one of those days. I stayed at home all day, reading, studying, learning, creating, and writing. My daily bible reading brought me again to Habakkuk, who asked great questions of God, like

How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? 3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. 4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted."

Sounds a lot like today, huh? Anyway, that study brought me to watchman, and to tower, and ramparts, and ziggurat. I don't know how, just one of those things that the Lord leads one to!

I continued on my next column for the paper, about Vacation Bible School, and I scanned in more photos from my travels. I read my New Yorker magazine, ahhh the strange doings in the Big Apple. I listened to the birds, and I played with my cats.

Lukey kitty does this weird thing now. He gets in the tub around 6 pm each evening, and he boxes with the back end of it. I hear "blam blam blam blam" and when I go in there he looks like he is hitting a boxing bag and when I go in there, he just stares at me for a second and starts up again. Maybe there's a mouse in the walls.

I listened to Internet radio, staying a long time on Native American Radio for some reason. Maybe because I haven't listened to that station for a while. It's good to take a break and then come back.

I made soup and also smoothies, sauteed more vegetables for later. I worked on a project for someone's birthday. At about 8 p, I turned on the tv, Keith Olbermann and then CSI Miami. Hokey show but I love Horatio Caine. Wouldn't anyone want a competent person to just solve everything and be sensitive as well?

Below is a Monty python skit about hermits. I would be a hermit if I could. But this sketch is funny because there come to be so many hermits getting away from it all that they end up creating a community exactly like the one they left! So no hermitage for me, but every once in a while solitude is good.

No comments: