Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Me and my Neti Pot

Having suffered greatly from sinus infection after sinus infection a few years ago, a holistic healer recommended a Neti pot. It's an Aladdin shaped pot in which you place warm water and salt and then stick up your nostril and tilt your head. The warm salty water drains and cleanses the nostril. Repeat with the other nostril and voila, you are supposed to be able to breathe better.

I bought it, but then became too squeamish to use it. This week, suffering yet again from a stuffy nose in this dry-heated apartment, I dragged out my Neti Pot, squashed the ick factor, and drained. Repeat.

It works! The Neti pot is a wonderful way to clear bacteria infested nostrils and refresh the passageways. Since there are no side effects, I can do it as many times a day as I need to. It feels GREAT!

More information here

1 comment:

Christie said...

I just read an article about those things in the NY Times. It seems sort of weird but I do like that it is a solution that doesn't require meds.